ACWPC All-America Awards
The prestigious ACWPC All-America award is the only one of its kind that recognizes athletes nationally and throughout all collegiate divisions. The recipients of these awards are selected by ACWPC member coaches from around the country who have an in-depth knowledge of the players and of the game. The All-America award is presented to players who exhibit immense athletic talent in the pool, shown leadership, and have helped to build the sport of water polo. All of the following criteria must be met:
- Any varsity athlete meeting NCAA eligibility requirements.
- Any coach may submit nominations for All-America awards, only members of the ACWPC will have a vote counted toward the final All-America teams.
- Athletes on teams not represented by members of the ACWPC can be voted on and become All-Americas, but will not receive printed certificates.
- Division I: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Team, plus Honorable Mention
- Division II: 1st Team, plus Honorable Mention (Men); 1st and 2nd Team (Women)
- Division III: 1st and 2nd Team, plus Honorable Mention
- Player of the Year & Coach of the Year are selected for each division.
- 1st - 3rd teams are selected based on point average and total number of votes from all coaches (including same team vote)
- Honorable Mentions are based on at least 3 votes from neutral coaches (i.e. not from same team)